Talk about a blast to ride: Honda’s awesome CBR600RR strikes a perfect balance between performance and handling in a middleweight package. The CBR600RR offers state-of-the-art technology in a package most riders find just about perfect. And to make a legendary bike even better, you can opt for one with Honda’s revolutionary Combined Anti-Lock Braking System (C-ABS), the first ever on a production supersport motorcycle.
The CBR600RR is the best 600-class sportbike going, and one of the sharpest looking as well. The only question: Which color will you be riding?
The compact HESD helps maintain predictable high-speed handling and low-speed maneuverability. Way more sophisticated than a simple fixed-rate damper, it’s one of the keys to the CBR600RR’s extraordinary handling.
The CBR600RR has been honed to perfection on racetracks all over the world, and has impeccable racing credentials: In fact, its engine was chosen to be the basis of the Moto2 class in Grand Prix racing.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: Two sets of injectors per cylinder ensure both low- and high-rpm performance. You get near instantaneous high-rpm response, along with great low-rpm metering and clean running.
- Two-Stage Ram Air: Nose mounted, two-stage ram air system provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox, for linear power delivery and superb engine performance.
- Centrally Located Fuel Tank: The CBR600RR's 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned in the center of the chassis and low in the frame. This allows for a more compact design, but even more important helps centralize the bike's mass. Increased mass centralization means the CBR is more responsive to rider input, especially when leaning the bike into a turn or standing it up at the exit.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper
- Radial Mounted Front-Brake Calipers: The CBR600RR uses radial-mounted monoblock front-brake calipers. This construction makes the caliper stiffer, and that means you get better brake feel for more linear, powerful stopping. Each caliper also uses four chromium-plated aluminum pistons for smooth, friction-free operation.
- Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) Inverted Fork: The HMAS cartridge fork features an exclusive internal piston construction. The innovative design employs smaller-diameter pistons to keep oil velocity high for improved damping characteristics and an expanded range of adjustability. The result: you get more precise suspension performance, especially over smaller surface irregularities.
- Unit Pro-Link Suspension: By eliminating the frame-mounted top shock mount, Unit Pro-Link isolates the chassis from bumps, resulting in more precise handling and better traction. Developed on Honda's championship-winning MotoGP bikes, it's a perfect example of the CBR's superior engineering.
- Line-beam Headlights: Line-beam headlights feature two-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design. The result: the headlight helps you see better, and also helps make you visible to traffic.
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 41 mm inverted HMAS™ cartridge fork with spring-preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link® HMAS™ single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 23.5 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 97.7 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 53.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 410 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal., including 0.9-gallon reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 40 mpg
- Model Id: CBR600RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red, Black
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type: 599 cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 42.5 mm
- Induction: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40 mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of a ccessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.