Tiger 800XC. Built to take it.
Tough. Rugged. Built to last. Loves the open road, devours the rough stuff. The one bike that can do it all, Tiger 800XC sets new standards in the adventure bike sector. With its big wheels and long suspension travel, the Tiger 800XC just loves getting its claws dirty. Let the adventure begin.
- Maximum Adjustability: Handlebars and rider seat are both adjustable for optimal rider comfort.
- Suspension: Chunky 45mm upside down forks adorn the front of the Tiger 800 XC. Plus there's long travel for comfort on road and compliance, when you take to the rough stuff.
- Switchable ABS: Anti-lock brakes can be switched off for off-road riding.
- Built In Rear Rack: Well appointed rear rack doubles as generously proportioned passenger grab rail.
- High Capacity Generator: Class leading 645w generator allows the Tiger 800 XC to be fully loaded with journey-enhancing electrical accessories.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line three-cylinder
- Capacity: 800 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 74.0 x 61.9 mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1, high level stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Oil Capacity: 3.7 litres (1.0 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, cast aluminium alloy
- Front Wheel: 36-spoke 21 x 2.5in, aluminium rim
- Rear Wheel: 32-spoke 17 x 4.25in, aluminium rim
- Front Tire: 90/90ZR 21
- Rear Tire: 150/70 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: Showa 45mm upside down forks, 220mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa monoshock with remote oil reservoir, hydraulically adjustable preload, rebound damping adjustment, 215mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 308mm floating discs, Nissin 2-piston floating calipers, (ABS model available)
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Nissin single piston floating caliper, (ABS model available)
- Instrument Display/Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, switchable ABS and clock
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2215 mm (87.1 in)
- Width (handlebars): 865 mm (34.0 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1390 mm (54.7 in)
- Seat Height: 845 mm (33.2 in) - 865 mm (34.0 in)
- Wheelbase: 1545 mm (60.8 in)
- Rake/Trail: 24.3°/95.3 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 19.0 litres (5.0 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 215 kg (473 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 95PS / 94bhp / 70 kW @ 9300rpm
- Maximum Torque: 79Nm / 58 ft.lbs @ 7850rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 41 MPG City / 63 MPG Highway
Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle conducted under ideal laboratory conditions. Actual mileage may vary based upon personal riding habits, weather, vehicle condition, and other factors.